Tuesday 24 February 2015

COMPARING YOURSELF TO OTHERS

 

Why is it that we are always measuring who were are, what we do, where we are going against the achievements of others? There is a hidden danger in not being content in the position that we are in, yet aiming to be in the position of the person how seems more glamorous, intelligent, wealthy or even more confident that we are. Comparing yourself to others is like judging yourself. There is an endless number of ways in which we can measure our worth against others, it is an on going, continuous and dark road.

At what cost is it to evaluate ourselves? Yes, by comparing ourselves to others it can motivate and drive us to improve ourselves for the better but once it moves beyond that, we find that we are constantly trying to keep up with someone who is completely different to who we are.

How many people pretend to be someone they are not? The dress up in their best clothes, put on a façade, purely to make people envious of them. These are the sort of people we are comparing ourselves to. the people who invent a character because they are not content with the personality they already have. You are essentially comparing yourself to a cartoon, something that isn't even human. That makes the standards you are trying to reach virtually impossible. Is it fair to yourself to compare who you are with a person that isn't even true to their self?

I believe we are all humans here, each of others with our separate but equally amazing goals. Some of us are aiming to be fashion designers others writers or computer programists , the list could go on. By comparing yourself with someone else in no way will it help you to reach your full potential. Someone who is training to work in fashion cannot compare themselves to someone who wants be a graphic designer: your goals are not the same. Comparing yourself with others is a distraction away from you goal and interferes with your aspirations.

Before you stop reading this post I would like you to consider this:
Is what you are currently doing making you happy?
Do you appreciate that your goals are different to others?
Are what others doing becoming a distraction to your game plan?
 
Thanks for reading!

11 comments:

  1. This post is really inspiring! I think it's never a good idea to compare yourself to others because when you do compare yourself you make yourself feel bad. There no way you could ever be that person. Every flaw makes you different and in being different there is beauty. Everyone has something "different" in them and it should be embraced.
    Anyway, I really like your writing and the message in this post :))

    www.pinkdemure.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wow, you put it so perfectly:) Thanks for reading x

      Delete
  2. I never compare myself to other..if someone scores more than me I know it's because they've probably worked harder than I did..it doesn't inspire me it doesn't get's me down..but all my life I've been compared it feels awful..Well I think everybody gotta pretend to you know just fit in society among friends.
    How about you?Ever compare yourself to others?Been compared?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. you seem so well put together! I get compared all the time, but i try not to compare myself to others, but it is pretty hard!

      Delete
  3. I have always struggled with self comparison. like I feel like a failure because someone is better than me. funny enough, thats one thing I've really been working on lately. thank you a lot for that beautiful reminder<3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Nobody is better than you because there is only one of you! I really appreciate all you wonderful comments they make my day :)

      Delete
  4. I think we're all guilty of comparing ourselves to that one gorgeous person on TV, at least once in our lives. It's so nice to see people gradually changing their views and excepting themselves for the things they have that aren't like that supermodel.

    Thanks for the inspiration
    Cait x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cait, this is just a perfect comment, i totally agree! thanks for taking your time to read!

      Delete
  5. So inspiring post and so true ! The point about the goals it's so true...sometimes we forget about it ^_^

    BubblyBeauty

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey! nice to see you on my blog again , it feels like i haven't seen you in ages! i hope you liked it!

      Delete
  6. This post is so inspiring ♥ Love it! I like your blog and I have nominated you for the Sisterhood of the World Bloggers. More information on my blog :) Have a lovely day!

    ReplyDelete

Search