Wednesday 21 December 2016

2016.


pinterest. com

2016 to me was a year of questions. I questioned my talents, I questioned my sanity and most of all I questioned my existence.
As I write this, I can't help but lament on the things I did wrong or decisions I could have reworked which would have created a different future for me. There were easier routes I could have taken, but I took a bitter, thorny and harsh path. But I have decided to not allow this year to negate my future, though it has reshaped me as a person.

I carry this notion into 2017: Others will no measure what success is to me.
Others will not be the ones to label me a success, nor will they ever define me as a failure. I am beyond the constructions of others. I myself, am unsure what success means to me, but sure enough when I reach it, I will be aware.

Self awareness and self confidence are both powerful concepts. I have chosen to become a master of both in the near future. I will inspire both qualities in others. I will become a reformer and not a deformer.

I hope 2017 will be a year of answers. Explanations as to why things didn't go to plan this year. A year where I have envisioned the best for myself. Though, the meaning of hope has thinned for many this year, I believe it can be restored.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Search